Hi there. My name is Emily. Welcome to my blog!
Now, if you're like me, when you come across a new-to-you blog, you like to poke around and check 'em out. Peek at their pics, get their shoe size (6 1/2), the usual. Well, being the friendly girl I am, I'm going to try to make it easy for you.
When it comes to the camera, I am much more comfortable behind the lens than in front of it. I'm one of these terribly awkward photo subjects who blinks like a fool when the flash goes off and has no idea what to do with their hands (have you seen Talladega Nights? I am Ricky Bobby). Despite this, and in the best interest of your curiosity, here are a few quick snaps:
This is me now. At 30. Don't tell anyone that I told you that.
This is me at, oh...about 3 or so. This photo really puts my daughter's sense of style in perspective. Or at least explains a thing or two.
You may be wondering what you will find here. Here's the short list: food, food, parties, ramblings, stories that will make you think 'oh, good, it's not just me', photos, and more food.
Also, lately I've been channeling my great grandmother and attempting to resurrect some of my families 'classic' recipes. You know the ones. The recipes that have been passed up, down, sideways through out every branch of your family tree. So far, the results have been exciting. Interesting, but exciting. I want to share them with you.
To keep the blog love alive, I will mix things up a bit and also share a smattering of original recipes and recipes adapted from my fave blogs, books and magazines. You'll be seeing a lot of Martha. Just letting you know.
Here are some more random facts about yours truly, because, you know, who doesn't like to get the dirt on someone?
- I am a wife and mom of two. Two kids. Not a wife of two.That would be weird.
- My little boy is 5, and I call him the Buddy. He's smart and hilarious, loves rockets and spy gear and is a great sous chef in the kitchen. He also makes a mean cup of Keurig.
- My little girl is 3, and I call her the Baby. She's a feisty and fiercely independent princess who has the attitude and conversation skills of a 15 year old.
- I'm an art teacher by training, but now stay at home full time with the kiddos and love every messy, sticky minute of it.
- Fall is my true love. Sweaters. Cider. School supplies. Everything.
- I used to be tricked into making snacks for my sister by being told that 'matzo and jelly just taste better when you make them'. What can I say? I am a sucker for flattery.
- I actually enjoy grocery shopping. (see above photo)
- I am an abhorrent speller. Always have been. Brace yourself.
- I have terrible, chicken scratchy handwriting. It's a good thing this is typed.
- I married a neat freak, and so far, everyone has survived.
- I have not mastered the clean-as-I-go cooking style, much to my husband's chagrin. I have more of the don't-step-there-because-I-just-dropped-an-egg kind of cooking style.
- Despite my chronic list making, I am very unorganized, but I try. Everyday, I try.
- I can (and do) use 'Friends' quotes in just about any situation. I apologize in advance.
- I can (and do) drink caffeine at all hours of the day.
- Every year, I belong to a Fantasy Football league, and absolutely stink at it. My team is where NFL players come to end their career.
- My sister, two sisters-in-law, and I recently joined forces and started a book club. Which is really just a big excuse to wear heels and drink a Guinness once a month.
Whew. Glad I got that off my chest. Now, what about you? Are you dying to get out from under the burden of any crazy and quirky factoids about yourself? I would love to know. Sharing nut-so stories with your friends is the best. I plan on doing that a lot here, so swing by, have a laugh, grab a recipe, drool over some pictures and feel free to share your stories.
I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon!